I am very excited to announce v13 of nzb360 is ready for an open BETA! Over the last 4 weeks, on my paternity leave for my first child, I've spent over 300 hours designing and developing the next major refresh of nzb360. I've received great feedback and help testing through an ALPHA test of a small group of folks and I believe we're at a point where things are stable, the design direction has been solidified, and I am ready for any and all types of new feedback from a much larger group.
v13 Design Philosophy
The major change in v13 is clearly the new design direction that is attempting to adopt Google's new Material Design 2 guidelines, which places a lot more emphasis on content over chrome and to move common UI elements to the bottom of devices to make navigation and control of a UI much easier on taller phones. I've redesigned pretty much every area of nzb360 with this new design direction in mind, and I would love to get everyone's feedback on this new approach.
I've created this template below of questions I would love for folks to fill out so I can get structured feedback on things. Please use this format below with responses to your thoughts on v13.
- What are your initial impressions of the new design?
- Do you prefer the default dark control bar or the theme color control bar?
- What do you think of the Radarr Wanted/Missing tab change?
- What part of v13 do you like the most so far?
- What do you like the least?
- Do you have any suggestions on improving the design of v13?
- Have you noticed any features that were removed, crashes that you found, or areas of the app that don't feel like they were updated to this new design?
- Any additional thoughts?
Simply download the APK below and install it over your current version of nzb360. All of your data will stay in tact. The final production version (whenever it hits) will auto overwrite any BETA versions you install, so no need to worry there.
Check back often for new BETA versions based on feedback provided in this thread.
Thank you for your participation and feedback!