Nice! Just saw the update and installed it. Good call on putting some text in an alert before requesting the perm. Everything looks good!

Keep up the great work!
I dont mind the extra permissions, but what about instead of checking ssid name, you just have two sections and it tries one address (local) and if that fails, it tries the remote address. That, or the other way around.
spinkick wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 11:49 pm
I dont mind the extra permissions, but what about instead of checking ssid name, you just have two sections and it tries one address (local) and if that fails, it tries the remote address. That, or the other way around.
Ooh, or maybe check the IP address and if it's on the same subnet then automatically route to local? That might even remove the need to do the SSID check all together. Not sure if IP address needs any fancy permission, too. Might not be any better. :P
Trying one connection first, waiting for it to fail, and then switching to another connection would make the loading of each service super slow. I have relatively long timeouts because people use things like Synologys that are slow, so you would wait up to 30 seconds before switching networks.

The subnet idea won't work well either because a lot of home routers use the same subnet/IP range. I wouldn't want nzb360 trying to route to my family or friend's network just because they share a similar router than I and I happen to be on their wifi network.

The SSID check is the most reliable, it just requires a dumb permission.