#42
That's what I cant understand i literally have the following hostname.ddns.net

I know my API key is fine and also the port, because as soon as i change the Host address to the IP address all works fine.
#46
TagCdog wrote:
Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:56 am
A question for HTTP Auth stuff, what happens if the character @ is part of our password (the simple thing is to change the password I know, but...)?

Do I use quotes around the password? Can I request that they be separate user filled fields rather than this "all-in-one" method of logging in via the hostname field?

Having special characters is that extra bit of security that makes me relax a bit when hosting something like this on the open web.

Also, if I input the API key for each application, does that bypass needing to enter the user/pass?

EDIT:
Ok, it looks like you don't need to enter in your user and pass with an API key.
Has this been addressed? I searched the forums but couldnt get an answer?
My password has spaces in it, I have tried using quotes around it with no success.
#47
guillaumedsde wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm
TagCdog wrote:
Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:56 am
A question for HTTP Auth stuff, what happens if the character @ is part of our password (the simple thing is to change the password I know, but...)?

Do I use quotes around the password? Can I request that they be separate user filled fields rather than this "all-in-one" method of logging in via the hostname field?

Having special characters is that extra bit of security that makes me relax a bit when hosting something like this on the open web.

Also, if I input the API key for each application, does that bypass needing to enter the user/pass?

EDIT:
Ok, it looks like you don't need to enter in your user and pass with an API key.
Has this been addressed? I searched the forums but couldnt get an answer?
My password has spaces in it, I have tried using quotes around it with no success.
I haven't read the thread history so I don't know if this has been suggested already, but have you tried url encoding the special characters ? So a space would be %20.

See: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp for more references
#48
f3bruary wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 pm
guillaumedsde wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm
TagCdog wrote:
Fri Jun 27, 2014 3:56 am
A question for HTTP Auth stuff, what happens if the character @ is part of our password (the simple thing is to change the password I know, but...)?

Do I use quotes around the password? Can I request that they be separate user filled fields rather than this "all-in-one" method of logging in via the hostname field?

Having special characters is that extra bit of security that makes me relax a bit when hosting something like this on the open web.

Also, if I input the API key for each application, does that bypass needing to enter the user/pass?

EDIT:
Ok, it looks like you don't need to enter in your user and pass with an API key.
Has this been addressed? I searched the forums but couldnt get an answer?
My password has spaces in it, I have tried using quotes around it with no success.
I haven't read the thread history so I don't know if this has been suggested already, but have you tried url encoding the special characters ? So a space would be %20.

See: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp for more references
Good idea! Just tried but sadly it did not work
#49
guillaumedsde wrote:
Tue Jan 22, 2019 7:46 pm
f3bruary wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:37 pm
guillaumedsde wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:40 pm


Has this been addressed? I searched the forums but couldnt get an answer?
My password has spaces in it, I have tried using quotes around it with no success.
I haven't read the thread history so I don't know if this has been suggested already, but have you tried url encoding the special characters ? So a space would be %20.

See: https://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp for more references
Good idea! Just tried but sadly it did not work
I just tested and it does seem to work for me. I enabled Basic Authentication and created username 'test' and password 'test test' (notice the space). Seems to work just fine. I entered the url like so: http://test:test test@IP:PORT
cron