You can also use a VPN. I have done so and now I can access all the services on my network without opening ports. Use certificate + password authentication and put client certs on you laptop and phone and you're all good to go.
I would love to take a look at your config for NginX, I am currently running apache2 and it works well, but with 14.04 on the horizon, i'm planning on a total rebuild of my server, this could save me a LOT of time. :D
Thanks. :)

So basically what this does is let you access it with ip:443/blah which points to the port the service is on?

edit: Decided to buy it after this solution, as $7.50 didn't seem that bad (owned it on Google Play since December 2012), then I found out it is $10...
Joe,

That's correct. It also force redirects port 80-->443 (you can disable that). To generate the SSL cert, you'll need OpenSSL to create (easy process really). The 192.168.1.5:xxxx is just my server's IP and the ports. That needs changed to reflect your setup. You can also change most of the /whatever urls but will need to configure each service to use that as the base URL to for it to work properly.

LJ