Those are correct. The new UI isn't an overhaul yet, just a revamp and tweaks to get ready for Material.

The UI changes in v8.5 are:
  • Removed most of the "ICS blue" throughout the app.
  • Shortened the height of the "Other" menu items.
  • Changed ActionBar title font
  • Changed to ActionBar overlay for CouchPotato, SickBeard, and NzbDrone detail views (the transparent action bar).
  • Revamped CouchPotato's details pane.
  • IMDb views now take up the full screen and hide the action bar.
  • Overflow menu icon changed to circles instead of squares.
  • Search results tweaked to look nicer/cleaner
  • Dialog buttons now have a more flatter look.
  • CouchPotato now uses both fanart and poster art.
  • Probably more I am forgetting.

This is by no means final. A massive material design update is in the works, but I don't want to adopt material design too soon, as I want to see how it settles in a bit. This update is designed to give me a little more runway to wait until material matures a bit.

Each new update will probably add some additional UI tweaks until the big material release. Please comment and provide any feedback you have on any UI suggestions/ideas.
I can confirm the CP bug is fixed. I also noticed it remember the positions when you switch panes. Very nice.
Thanks for info Kev, I can now see selected changes.

Before I had not clicked through to imdb pages etc.
More problems with the latest update, whenever I clear data for the app and open it fresh there is always one software that it refuses to get artwork from. Sometimes it even refuses completely to connect. It's a big step backwards.
Pog22 wrote:More problems with the latest update, whenever I clear data for the app and open it fresh there is always one software that it refuses to get artwork from. Sometimes it even refuses completely to connect. It's a big step backwards.
I don't experience any of those issues.
Pog22 wrote:More problems with the latest update, whenever I clear data for the app and open it fresh there is always one software that it refuses to get artwork from. Sometimes it even refuses completely to connect. It's a big step backwards.
Do you have NzbDrone enabled? This is a problem with NzbDrone filling up the network request thread. I have been trying to solve this, but it's a difficult bug to hunt down. Note, this has been an issue since v8.0.

A quick way to solve it is to kill the nzb360 process (swipe it away from the app recents list) and relaunch. Should work then.
Yes Kev, it seems to be NzbDrone causing the problems. Once I open NzbDrone I cannot open another, it locks the app up
Once Drone has all of its media art downloaded, this shouldn't happen again.
Yup at times if nzbdrone isn't able to load an artwork, you can see some network activity going on using a network meter app, but nothing loads. Just force stop and re enter, and the stuck artwork will load immediately and other things will load just fine. Have never really considered it a big enough issue to report though.