I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to upgrad

Having trouble setting everything up? No worries, we'll help.

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby amlucent » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:33 pm

f3bruary wrote:1. Everybody can make a mail like that and take a screenshot and demand their money back.


Oh, you modified your earlier bullshit post with more bullshit so allow me to respond to your new bullshit:

But wait, should that matter? I mean its only $4. That was your earlier point right? So he just chalk it up as his loss.

I have the google wallet transaction ID's to prove my receipt is valid. This is how other google play devs have issued refunds and license transfers in the past. Its not a new concept.
amlucent
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby f3bruary » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:45 pm

2) If its such a little inconsequential sum of money then why hasnt he offered a refund or a replacement license? As it is right now, Im pretty sure we as customers have the right to form a class action lawsuit and take him to court... but nobody wants to do that, especially me, so I think I am being very reasonable.


Pay me 4 USD or I'll sue you... yes that's very reasonable...

It was Google who pulled the app, so why don't you go and sue them ? You act like it was the developers choice to pull the app.

So please, unless you have an actual intelligent or helpful point to make please refrain from sharing as you are just driving this thread off topic.


You mean using words like 'inconsequential' to impress people ?

Oh, you modified your earlier bullshit post with more bullshit so allow me to respond to your new bullshit:


I fixed a typo. Jesus... take a pill
-f3b
User avatar
f3bruary
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 pm
Location: /root

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby amlucent » Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:54 pm

Kev wrote:
The licensing process is a lot more convoluted and complex than simply turning something on and off. It's tied directly into Paypal's systems.

Is it possible for me to refund your Paypal payment with a provided GP receipt? Yes. But I would have to give that option to everyone, and Paypal would ban my PP account for too many refunds.


well thats not a problem since I will happily accept money order, cashiers check, dowalla, really anything within reason that is convenient for you. We both know that wont happen because you dont care who you have ripped off or else you already would have or you would have at least given out new licenses. The truth is you already spent everyones money and cant return it, which I understand, it was your profit. But the ONLY reason you would refuse to offer new licenses to those who have been ripped off is because now that you dont have access to the play store you have no new customers. So the only way you can go on is by exploiting more money from your existing customers.. Thats the arrangement you want, where we keep paying you for the same thing we thought we had already bought last month. You all but said it in your reddit post I found where you asked if you could turn the app into a monthly service fee... Thats just laughable.

The truth is you know the right thing to do and you refuse to do it. You're no longer a developer. You're a thief. You dont care about your customers or delivering on your obligations. But you still expect us to pay your bills for you apparently.

Kev wrote:I am not happy about how this all unfolded.
Then do something about it. but you wont, because you are a thief.
amlucent
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby f3bruary » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:06 pm

I purchased this book a while back and it's not available anymore. Can you please refund it ? If not, I consider you a thief and I will have to sue you... I accept Western Union money transfer only, so I'm sure that won't be a problem ;)
Attachments
receipt.PNG
receipt.PNG (19.7 KiB) Viewed 797 times
-f3b
User avatar
f3bruary
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 pm
Location: /root

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby Kev » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:14 pm

amlucent wrote:
Kev wrote:
The licensing process is a lot more convoluted and complex than simply turning something on and off. It's tied directly into Paypal's systems.

Is it possible for me to refund your Paypal payment with a provided GP receipt? Yes. But I would have to give that option to everyone, and Paypal would ban my PP account for too many refunds.


well thats not a problem since I will happily accept money order, cashiers check, dowalla, really anything within reason that is convenient for you. We both know that wont happen because you dont care who you have ripped off or else you already would have or you would have at least given out new licenses. The truth is you already spent everyones money and cant return it, which I understand, it was your profit. But the ONLY reason you would refuse to offer new licenses to those who have been ripped off is because now that you dont have access to the play store you have no new customers. So the only way you can go on is by exploiting more money from your existing customers.. Thats the arrangement you want, where we keep paying you for the same thing we thought we had already bought last month. You all but said it in your reddit post I found where you asked if you could turn the app into a monthly service fee... Thats just laughable.

The truth is you know the right thing to do and you refuse to do it. You're no longer a developer. You're a thief. You dont care about your customers or delivering on your obligations. But you still expect us to pay your bills for you apparently.

Kev wrote:I am not happy about how this all unfolded.
Then do something about it. but you wont, because you are a thief.


I understand your frustration. It sucks for everyone involved. Yes, me included. I lost my 4.9 rating I tirelessly maintained for 2 years, my userbase, my awareness, my payment method, my distribution method, my update process, etc. All of that had to be redeveloped from scratch.

Google screwed us. And I had the option to stop development altogether for nzb360, as I knew I had a uphill battle with having to develop of those services from scratch. However, because of my dedication to my userbase, I wanted to continue development of nzb360 to make it the best Usenet manager on Android, and not let it die by Google's decision.

You can call me a thief, but I haven't taken anything from you. Google removed the app and your license, not me. I have simply tried to bring the app back to life in a alternate way, and have been extremely upfront with how the license process works, all documented throughly in the FAQ.

You have the old nzb360 backed up. That version still works, and will allow you to add movie's to CP. If you do not want to support development of the new version, you can simply continue to use the old version instead.
Developer of NZB 360.
User avatar
Kev
Site Admin
 
Posts: 606
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:29 am

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby amlucent » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:28 pm

God this idiot just doesnt stop. Despite not even understanding whats going on..

f3bruary wrote:Pay me 4 USD or I'll sue you... yes that's very reasonable...
I think letting him know that he's exposing himself to a class action lawsuit is very reasonable and helpful.

f3bruary wrote:It was Google who pulled the app, so why don't you go and sue them ? You act like it was the developers choice to pull the app.
I understand that you are European and are ignorant of the way US courts work so I will give you a pass on this. I have no case against Google and google hasnt wronged me or stolen any money. Goggle facilitated a transfer of goods for money. Thats how that works, in exchange for that service they took a fee from Kevin's profit. He must have been okay with those terms of service because he had to agree to them to sell his apps on the store. Now, on my receipt you will notice that I paid Kevin Foreman not google. Kevin Foreman received the funds (minus the fee he paid as agreed to google) so Kevin Foreman has the responsibility and its Kevin Foreman who is in the wrong and exposed on this issue. Now he may have a case against google, but that is separate and between himself and google and it doesn't concern me other than he has my sympathy (And thats all he will get since he has proven untrustworthy).

f3bruary wrote: You mean using words like 'inconsequential' to impress people ?


Really, the word 'inconsequential' is impressive to you?

Since you refuse to stop derailing my thread and the admin is a thief that obviously approves of your tactic since it takes the heat off of him Im just going to stop responding to your posts from now on. I bear no grudge against you f3bruary, I only hope that one day you will pursue an education. Im pretty sure I learned the word "consequential" (and its opposite) in middle school but I dont want that to dissuade you. Its never too late. ;)


f3bruary wrote:I fixed a typo. Jesus... take a pill


No, you didnt you liar. you changed this:
It would be impossible for him to find out who has bought the app before. Therefore we will ALL have to pay again, not just you.

It's 3.5 EUR. You'll be fine...

Ps: Even without the pro functionality the app is very usable. You're not obligated to buy anything.


to this:

1. Everybody can make a mail like that and take a screenshot and demand their money back.
2. A part of that amount goes to Google and yet you demand it back from the developer ?
3. It's 3.5 EUR, you'll be fine
4. You don't have to pay anything to use the app...


And why did you change it? Oh I know because I was right and those original statements made you look like a an idiot because they were wrong huh. Now your plan is to lie about it and hope it goes away like I am hoping you will.
amlucent
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby f3bruary » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:59 pm

ehh okay, first of all those are 2 separate posts. You said 'modify' and I thought you said that because I fixed a typo and you assumed I said something else.

second, I must be really stupid cause I can't see how my point of view changed exactly. Your genius brain may be able to do so. In the earlier post I said nothing that changed in the later post. It's still 3.5 EUR, You still don't have to pay anything to use the app, a part of the amount (30%) does in fact go to google. Everybody can fake a payment and demand money. Where do these 2 posts contradict ?

Although you basically call me uneducated and unintelligent you still think of me as some kind of strategist who works together with the developer to 'take the heat off'. I'll consider that a compliment then I guess ?

Sure the receipt says you paid to the developer, but that's the template Google designed. Do you see any bank account info, is there any indication you payment went from you to the developer instead of to Google and then to the developer's account minus the 30%. I looked at my receipts and there's no way of knowing. Maybe your receipts look different.

And last of all, don't call me a liar. And stop calling the developer a thief. I'll even say 'Please'.
-f3b
User avatar
f3bruary
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 pm
Location: /root

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby amlucent » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:05 pm

Kev wrote:Google screwed us.
No, Google screwed you and now you are passing it to us.

Kev wrote: because of my dedication to my userbase.
And what about the userbase (IE customers*)

* I noticed you decided not to use that word. Its like you want everyone to forget how many people gave you money for a product.

Kev wrote: I wanted to continue development of nzb360 to make it the best Usenet manager on Android, and not let it die by Google's decision.
You keep bringing this up like your customers dont want that to happen... Its just a smoke screen to ease your conscious about taking everyones money. Of course I want it to continue, all of your customers do, we have already invested, we have purchased and used the app on a normal basis. Yet we are the ones getting shitted on.

You went on reddit and announced how you wanted to recharge everyone for the license. I have been looking at the post already this morning, despite overwhelmingly negative feedback from both your customers and other developers about this proposal you decided to move forward with it anyway. No, Im not going to commend you for outlining in detail in the FAQs about how your intention is to screw everyone out of their license. That doesnt buy you any points. Thats like saying that it wasnt Hitler's fault for killing the jews because he made it clear that he hated them from the start...

Despite what you tell yourself, YOU ARE A THIEF. YOU sold me a license. YOU forced me to purchase it through Google as that was your only point of sale (at least at that time). Now that license is gone and YOU REFUSE to honor the previous sale receipt or issue a refund. By forcing your customers to purchase through that vendor you gave them your endorsement and set the expectation that the license was safe. Simple as that. The right thing to do is to take responsibility for that error and offer previous customers a new replacement license, shit man you wont even offer a fucking discount for your previous customers! Why should we ever buy ANYTHING from you again? Im sorry that they screwed you over but hind sight is 20/20, furthermore its not my problem or fault.


Kev wrote:You have the old nzb360 backed up. That version still works, and will allow you to add movie's to CP. If you do not want to support development of the new version, you can simply continue to use the old version instead.
Helium backup app (by default) only backs up the apps configuration data not the actual apk file. So no I dont have the old version. Something tells me that you arent even offering the apk for download on your site either... might cause you to miss out on screwing someone else out of another license.
amlucent
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby f3bruary » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:22 pm

Jesus Christ, did you escape from a mental institution? You're seriously comparing him to Hitler?

Please don't say 'we'. You are not talking on behalf of 'us'. Say 'I'. And nobody ever forced you to buy his app. Wow, just wow. How one person can make such a big deal over 4 bucks.
-f3b
User avatar
f3bruary
 
Posts: 274
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 7:12 pm
Location: /root

Re: I've already purchased this app and it's asking me to up

Postby amlucent » Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:42 pm

Kevin, If the truth is that you cant refund through paypal then why havent you taken me up on my proposal of a refund through an alternative means? Answer this please.

Kevin, if you only want to continue development and please your 'userbase' (aka customers) as you claim then why dont you start by honoring your previous sales? I propose you give these people new licenses on a case by case basis and fight to get your app back into Google Play but this time also list it on the other app stores and through your website. In other words redundancy should be your new motto! This will of course eliminate you single point of weakness like you had previously. Then people can buy your app any way they want and you can rest easy knowing that you will continue to have new customers despite what happens with individual app stores in the future. This way people can buy licenses for your app because they think its good, not because they are being extorted. My point is, if the app is still good it will sell. Even if its by word of mouth only via NZB type sites, it will sell. You dont have to screw over all your customers like this, if anything, this will be the blow that you never recover from. Surely you can see that I am right. I know what you're thinking, that sounds really hard, perhaps even impossible. That, Kevin, is how you know its the right thing to do. In a question of conscious like this the right thing to do is always the hard thing to do.

Its not the money Kevin, its the principle. If you had originally asked for $8 instead of $4 I would have still bought your app. But now that you demand I buy it again instead of honoring our previous sale. No one likes to be nickel and dimed Kevin. You have a responsibility to your customers and by shirking it you only prove that I am right to not give you another $4. You might have convinced a few uneducated people like f3bruary that what you are doing is honorable but thats just not the case, and if you go look at all the negative feedback on that reddit announcement you will see Im not alone. Shit, Im not even in the minority.
amlucent
 
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 4:42 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Support