Sonarr over SSL

Having trouble setting everything up? No worries, we'll help.

Sonarr over SSL

Postby rabbi » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:26 pm

I'll preface by saying that I have SABnzbd and CouchPotato configured and working through nzb360 over SSL without issue. I followed exactly the same process, and I am able to bring up externally (verified over LTE from the phone) Sonarr as such: https://something.ddns.net:XXXXX, no subdirectory or anything. It comes up just fine and works as expected. Authentication is configured for Forms, although I tried both Simple and completely off and it made no difference. The SSL certificate is self signed via http://www.selfsignedcertificate.com/, with the server name being actually the local IP 192.168.X.X. There is obviously a warning that comes up from Chrome that the certificate authority is not trusted, but that seems to be par for all self signed certificates.

As far as NZB360 configuration.

IP
Local - user:password@192.168.X.X
Remote - user:password@something.ddns.net

Local SSID - MySSID

Port
Local: XXXXX
Remote: XXXXX (same as local)

API Key - specified

Use SSL/HTTPS - Checked

Behavior: Regardless of whether I'm local or external, nzb360 only brings back a list of series, no art. If you click on any of the shows, it'll show 0/0 for all seasons, if you click on any of the seasons you get a blank screen.

If I switch to NOT use SSL by changing the Local port to the non SSL port and unchecking Use SSL then everything works just fine locally. I can't test this externally as I only exposed the SSL port via the firewall.

So... What is it about my SSL setup that nzb360 does not like? Is there a log file somewhere?
rabbi

Re: Sonarr over SSL

Postby rabbi » Sat Aug 01, 2015 12:58 pm

@Kev, can you at least give me some pointers for what to look for? BTW I am using the same certificate for SAB and CP and those are interfacing fine with nzb360 over SSL.
rabbi

Postby Kev » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:35 pm

Any chance you could send me your connection details so I can debug on my side?
Developer of nzb360
Kev
Site Admin

Postby rabbi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 12:00 am

Kev wrote:Any chance you could send me your connection details so I can debug on my side?

PM sent
rabbi

Postby rabbi » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:52 pm

@Kev is there any update on this at all? I PMed you all the info for you to be able to hit the API.
rabbi

Postby foonk » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:22 am

I am having the same problem. It has occurred with both a Startcom and now a Comodo certificate, so the problem is not limited to just self-issued certificates.
foonk

Postby rabbi » Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:36 pm

foonk wrote:I am having the same problem. It has occurred with both a Startcom and now a Comodo certificate, so the problem is not limited to just self-issued certificates.

@Kev mentioned on Reddit that he will have some more time to look into this issue with a couple of weeks. I'm patiently waiting. It's been frustrating because I finally made the leap to Sonarr over Sickbeard and this is really holding me back.
rabbi

Postby foonk » Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:06 pm

I am still having this issue? I'd anyone else?
foonk

Postby foonk » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:38 pm

foonk wrote:I am still having this issue? I'd anyone else?

This is still an issue.
foonk

Postby Kev » Tue Apr 26, 2016 12:22 am

Issue has been fixed and will be included in the next release! Thank you for your patience.
Developer of nzb360
Kev
Site Admin

Return to Support