Unable to connect since synology DSM 4.3.3827

Having trouble setting everything up? No worries, we'll help.

Unable to connect since synology DSM 4.3.3827

Postby renevdv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:52 pm

I'm using nzb360 pro with great pleasure for some time. All worked fine but after the last security update from synology DSM version 4.3.3827 I can't connect anymore.

The problem is the same for couchpotato and sickbeard . When nzb360 starts it just keeps connecting.

Sickbeard and couchpotato connects through the webportaal so it seems to be my nzb360. I hoped this 'new' version would bring the solution but sadly it didn't.

Any ideas?
renevdv

Re: Unable to connect since synology DSM 4.3.3827

Postby coreeons » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:11 pm

Sounds more of a issue with your NAS than nzb360. If the app was working before the update, than my guess is there is some new security added to synology that you will need to change.

Also can you access sabnzbd/nzbget remotely outside of your network?

If not, I think you'll want to reinstall sabnzbd/nzbget on your NAS as most likely the permissions for the application have changed after the firmware update.
coreeons

Postby renevdv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:30 pm

I don't use sabnzb or nzb get but just the synology downloaded. I use nzb360 for couchpotato and sickbeard, I can connect through the webinterface inside and outside of my network.
renevdv

Postby Kev » Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:31 pm

Can you check the logs of the services that it won't connect with to see if there is any indication of whats going on there?
Developer of nzb360
Kev
Site Admin

Postby skarbd » Fri Feb 28, 2014 9:29 pm

Hello,

I am running a DS411+ with DSM 4.3.3827, sickbeard and SABnzbd with no problems, beyond testing something for Kevin :)

However I only have the firewall open for SABnzbd to allow me to inject stuff into the queue, I don't talk to my sickbeard installation from outside of home.

So can you talk to your SABnzbd installation from outside the network, can you put stuff from a search index into your queue?

I am assuming your port forwarding rules are still intact on the router?

SKar
skarbd

Postby renevdv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:09 pm

After a lot of restarts of couchpotato and sickbeard and my synology NZB360 and Couchpotato works.

Sickbeard still isn't working on NZB360, it show a connection refused when i try to restart or force check in the nzb360 app. I have left my username/password blank but that didnt fix it.

The log shows nothing related to the connection or error just logs of found/not found shows.
renevdv

Postby renevdv » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:19 pm

another reset and everything works. looks like the new dsm isn't the most stable for CP and SB.
anybody any experience with the new DSM5 beta. without CP/SB and NZB360 i wont upgrade.

thnx anyway for the quick help.
renevdv

Postby skarbd » Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:30 pm

Personally found the current DSM fine, but it very much depends on how much stuff you have running on it.

If you have a stable OS installation running on your Synology, then don't jump forward onto a BETA, it's just not worth the reward unless there is something very very very special you need to have now.

Personally I tend to wait for 5/6 weeks after a new big firmware is released, to let everyone jump onto it, get a few updates on it and then install. Even then I need to work through all the packages I have running, just to make sure there are no issues.

Even then, I only apply the DSM to my secondary Synology , before applying it to may main Synology.
skarbd

Postby coreeons » Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:21 am

skarbd wrote:Personally I tend to wait for 5/6 weeks after a new big firmware is released, to let everyone jump onto it, get a few updates on it and then install. Even then I need to work through all the packages I have running, just to make sure there are no issues.

I do this with everything! There are always bugs or issues with the first release of anything, that's just normal anymore. With something as important as my NAS, I don't update unless there are security issues that are key. I've heard too many stories of issues and than losing everything.

Glad it seems to be working, if Synology is anything like Qnap, you should post that information on their forum of the problems you had. Also you should look at running sabnzbd or nzbget on it, than you have a low power downloading machine! :lol:
coreeons

Return to Support