Tutorial: Set up remote access to NZB 360.

Having trouble setting everything up? No worries, we'll help.

Re: Tutorial: Set up remote access to NZB 360.

Postby max » Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:56 am

Hi is it true that http://noip.com will delete your hostname after 30 days with no usage ?

It happen to me :(
max

Postby Kev » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:04 am

You'll receive an email address asking you to validate you're still using it. As long as you validate every month, you can keep it for free.
Developer of nzb360
Kev
Site Admin

Postby max » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:41 am

Kev wrote:You'll receive an email address asking you to validate you're still using it. As long as you validate every month, you can keep it for free.

That is true but what if your not by your pc ? I don't use my phone for email.

How long do you have until you can validate ?
max

Postby f3bruary » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:18 am

You can also download the no-ip update client for your pc. This application will automatically update the ip address and afaik you won't need to validate manually anymore
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby lordjynx » Fri Jul 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Off topic slightly but I use afraid.org now with dnsomatic zero issues so far.

LJ
lordjynx

Postby Magic815 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:27 pm

Kev - I'm having a problem with creating a dynamic dns address

When I try to create a host over at http://noip.com, it won't let me delete the IP address field. It's auto-filled in. Your instructions say to keep it blank, but I don't see how that's possible.

Could you advise?
Magic815

Postby f3bruary » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:39 pm

Magic815 wrote:Kev - I'm having a problem with creating a dynamic dns address

When I try to create a host over at http://noip.com, it won't let me delete the IP address field. It's auto-filled in. Your instructions say to keep it blank, but I don't see how that's possible.

Could you advise?

Just keep it like that. It should point to the server ip. If it doesn't, set it up anyways and then use the update client to refresh the ip.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby max » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:46 pm

f3bruary wrote:You can also download the no-ip update client for your pc. This application will automatically update the ip address and afaik you won't need to validate manually anymore

I did that but it doesn't seem to work :( I still got to validate manually ever month :(

I run it as a service in the background because there that option in the program.
max

Postby f3bruary » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:49 pm

max wrote:
f3bruary wrote:You can also download the no-ip update client for your pc. This application will automatically update the ip address and afaik you won't need to validate manually anymore

I did that but it doesn't seem to work :( I still got to validate manually ever month :(

I run it as a service in the background because there that option in the program.

I actually have the same issue. I think it only counts if the IP actually changes, but I'm not sure. I bought a domain recently and it supports ddns, so I don't need no-ip anymore...
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby max » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:02 pm

f3bruary wrote:
max wrote:

I actually have the same issue. I think it only counts if the IP actually changes, but I'm not sure. I bought a domain recently and it supports ddns, so I don't need no-ip anymore...

Where did you buy a domain ?
max

PreviousNext

Return to Support