Tutorial: Set up remote access to NZB 360.

Having trouble setting everything up? No worries, we'll help.

Re: Tutorial: Set up remote access to NZB 360.

Postby Magic815 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:57 pm

Ok, so both Sonarr and NZBGet are set correctly. BindAddress = *, and ControlIP is 0.0.0.0

However, with canyouseeme and using the server IP, I'm getting an error. "I could not see your service on 209.95.51.XXX on port (6789)". I got the same thing for ports 8112 and 8989 as well.

With my VPN, my current server IP is 209.95.51.XXX (the no-ip update client has the same IP showing for my host).

I am noticing that my client IP is 10.9.0.XX - do I need to use that for anything?

Other than that, I have port forwarding working on my DHCP reserved IP in the router settings, which is still: 192.168.1.XXX - see below.
http://imgur.com/ZIsMI4d

Is the issue that my VPN is assigning different server IP's every time, but my router is port forwarding on my static DHCP address? If so, how do I go about getting remote access to work with my dynamic IP from my VPN?

Edit: I'm realizing I likely am doing something wrong in my router settings as I am still new to all of this. When my VPN is off, my internet IP address is: 71.206.XX.XXX - I'm realizing that I'm likely getting confused with all these different IP addresses. If it helps, on the setup page of my router settings, I have 'internet setup' assigned to 'Automatic Configuration - DHCP'. And then further below I have DHCP server 'enabled,' which is where I made the DHCP reservation for my main computer to 192.168.1.XXX.
Magic815

Postby f3bruary » Wed Oct 14, 2015 9:35 am

You should try testing the connection without VPN first, just to see if it works. And if your LAN IP changes while connected to VPN then the ports might need to be forwarded to that address instead.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby Magic815 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:54 am

OK, so VPN off, that would mean my public IP is 71.206.XX.XXX and my reserved IP through DHCP is 192.168.1.X - which do I port forward on then?
Magic815

Postby f3bruary » Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:59 am

Magic815 wrote:OK, so VPN off, that would mean my public IP is 71.206.XX.XXX and my reserved IP through DHCP is 192.168.1.X - which do I port forward on then?

You forward the ports to the 192.168.1.X address. Then test it out.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby Magic815 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 12:54 pm

Ok, cool. So with VPN off, I'm able to remotely connect to NZBGet and Sonarr (through NZB360) and Deluge (through Transdroid).

Now if I want to get remote access to work with a VPN, do I need to get a static VPN IP? Currently, I have a dynamic IP with my VPN, so I don't see how I could get port forwarding to work with that. Or do I just message my VPN provider and say I want ports 6789, 8989, and 8112 forwarded? (Sorry for all the questions - your help is much appreciated!)
Magic815

Postby f3bruary » Wed Oct 14, 2015 2:37 pm

Magic815 wrote:Ok, cool. So with VPN off, I'm able to remotely connect to NZBGet and Sonarr (through NZB360) and Deluge (through Transdroid).

Now if I want to get remote access to work with a VPN, do I need to get a static VPN IP? Currently, I have a dynamic IP with my VPN, so I don't see how I could get port forwarding to work with that. Or do I just message my VPN provider and say I want ports 6789, 8989, and 8112 forwarded? (Sorry for all the questions - your help is much appreciated!)

I think with a vpn, the public address will only change when you reconnect, not while you're connected. Anyways, the ports should be forwarded to the internal address, so 10.x.x.x or something. This address shouldn't change, even after reconnecting. Regardless of the public ip, no-ip update client should be running to push the right public ip address to no-ip servers.

So:
1. Make sure the internal address doesn't change (10.x.x.x)
2. Forward ports to this address (10.x.x.x)
3. Make sure no-ip update client is pushing the current public no no-ip servers.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby Magic815 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:56 pm

1. I'll check if the 10.X.X.X IP changes tonight by re-connecting the VPN and doing computer restarts.
2. If it does stay static, how do I actually forward ports to the 10.X.X.X? Is that something I do in my Linksys router settings (which is where I did my port forwarding to my 192.168.1.X IP)? Or is that something I would need my VPN provider to do?
3. Once points 1 and 2 are squared away, I'll make sure that the no-ip client continues pushing the current public IP.

If the above doesn't work, then I guess my only other option is a static designated IP by my VPN provider?
Magic815

Postby f3bruary » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:10 pm

Magic815 wrote:1. I'll check if the 10.X.X.X IP changes tonight by re-connecting the VPN and doing computer restarts.
2. If it does stay static, how do I actually forward ports to the 10.X.X.X? Is that something I do in my Linksys router settings (which is where I did my port forwarding to my 192.168.1.X IP)? Or is that something I would need my VPN provider to do?
3. Once points 1 and 2 are squared away, I'll make sure that the no-ip client continues pushing the current public IP.

If the above doesn't work, then I guess my only other option is a static designated IP by my VPN provider?

2. Try both? I'm actually not sure.

Now that I think about it, I guess since the server is connected to a vpn server, the ports over there should be forwarded/open, not on your own network since no one connects to there.

Edit: here's an idea. Can't you connect your phone to the same vpn server? Then you may be able to connect on that network.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby Magic815 » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:38 pm

2. Hmm, in router settings with port forwarding, it has 192.168.1 locked down, and only lets me input the last portion of the IP. So it does look like it would have to be forwarded on the VPN side.

I actually reached out to my VPN last night, and they just got back to me. It turns out I can get a dedicated static VPN IP. I'm thinking the simplest solution is to just do that, and have the ports that I need forwarded done through the VPN software to that static IP.

As for the phone to the VPN server, I'm not sure how I would do that. The VPN is only on my home computer at the moment. I know you can put the VPN on your home router, but I didn't do it that way. It's just on my PC at the moment.
Magic815

Postby Parzival » Tue Jul 25, 2017 4:03 pm

I having trouble with setting up remote access.

I have set up Sonarr and sab from my Nas and both work fine .

I have setup both with Dynamic DNS via NO-IP .

In a web browser my dynamic DNS hostnames work fine both address resolve without issue.
Within nzb360 using the hostname doesnt work at all, but if I use the external ip address this works without any issues.
The trouble is obviously this will only work until my ip address changes and I would have to update manually which I don't want to have to each time.

Any Ideas please?

Cheers
Parzival

PreviousNext

Return to Support