nzb360 setup full detail

Having trouble setting everything up? No worries, we'll help.

nzb360 setup full detail

Postby Ltace1983 » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:02 pm

Hi i currently purchased nzb360 for android ive entered all info server port which is all im able to enter for sabnzbd im still a noob when it comes to setup i also cannot get an api key as its blank ease someone expmain in detail how i can setup nzb360
Ltace1983

Re: nzb360 setup full detail

Postby f3bruary » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:44 pm

The following settings can be applied. This example connects to sabnzbd when you and the server are connected to the same network.

In NZB360 settings for Sabnzbd:

1. Enable the service
2. IP/Host: this is the IP address of the server where sabnzbd is running. For example: 192.168.1.2
3. Server port: should be 8080 unless you changed this
4. Your sabnzbd API key: can be retrieved from Config > General > Api Key.
5. Use SSL/HTTPS: enable this only if you also enabled SSL in sabnzbd and you always connect over https.

The rest of the settings can be left alone.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby deckard » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:59 pm

Hiya,

I'm at the end of my tether. I really love this app and I've successfully used it on a bytesized appbox account, so I know how useful this app can be. However, I can't for the life of me connect to sabnzdb, Sonarr or Radarr on my local PC at home.

At this stage I'm not interested in using the app outside of my network as I don't want to confuse my tiny brain with forwarding ports, static ip's etc etc. I would just like to be able to use it at home for now. So what's the easiest way of doing this? I've tried entering my IP and API key and it just won't connect. I've even googled my IP and entered this in and still no joy.

I keep telling myself to leave it and just use TeamViewer but this app is such a better experience.

If anyone can give me an idiots guide of sorts then I would be sooooo grateful.

Many Thanks
deckard

Postby f3bruary » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:12 pm

deckard wrote:Hiya,

I'm at the end of my tether. I really love this app and I've successfully used it on a bytesized appbox account, so I know how useful this app can be. However, I can't for the life of me connect to sabnzdb, Sonarr or Radarr on my local PC at home.

At this stage I'm not interested in using the app outside of my network as I don't want to confuse my tiny brain with forwarding ports, static ip's etc etc. I would just like to be able to use it at home for now. So what's the easiest way of doing this? I've tried entering my IP and API key and it just won't connect. I've even googled my IP and entered this in and still no joy.

I keep telling myself to leave it and just use TeamViewer but this app is such a better experience.

If anyone can give me an idiots guide of sorts then I would be sooooo grateful.

Many Thanks

You'll need to use your local IP address. You said 'I've even googled my IP'. I assume you used your public IP address.

If you're running windows, open a CMD prompt and type 'ipconfig'. It will give you a response and the address behind IP Address is the one you're using. To clarify, run this on the machine where sabnzbd is running.

This IP address, for example "192.168.1.2" is the server address. The port where sabnzbd is running by default is 8080. So to test it, open your phone's browser and type in 192.168.1.2:8080 and see if it can connect. If it does, use the info in nzb360.

If it doesn't work, just let us know.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby deckard » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:01 pm

Thank you for getting back to me so promptly.

I gave that a try but no joy. Is it something to do with my ISP??
deckard

Postby f3bruary » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:54 pm

No, it's all local.

What exactly isn't working now ?

When you use a browser and browse to IP:8080 (where IP is the actual server address), what do you get ?
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby deckard » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:26 pm

Ok, so I ran the CMD in windows and the following appeared...

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : home
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.***.*.**
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.***.***.*
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.***.*.***

So I used the IP4 address with :8080 is that correct??

When I try to load the address into my phone web browser it won't load and actually ends up timing out.

Hope this makes sense.
deckard

Postby f3bruary » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:29 pm

hmm. few questions.

1. Is the server where sabnzbd is running on on the same network as your mobile device ?
2. Is there a firewall in place (like Windows Defender, etc) that might be interfering ?
3. Is sabnzb indeed listening on port 8080 ?
4. Is sabnzb listening on interface 0.0.0.0 ?

See sabnzbd settings for the latter two.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby deckard » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:40 pm

mmm....

1. Yeah the Sabnzbd is on my PC on home wifi as is my phone.
2. This is going to sound stupid but as a Mac guy for years I don't know a lot about firewalls. I believe I do have Windows Defender but i'm not clued up on how it works. So quite possibly interfering.
3. In the Sabnzdb settings, general, the port is set to 8080
4. Is this the same as Sabnzdb Host box above the port box? If so then it is not 0.0.0.0
deckard

Postby f3bruary » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:44 pm

4. Yeah the host. It should be 0.0.0.0. If it's not, then change it into this and restart (if necessary).
-f3b
f3bruary

Next

Return to Support