Hide torrents older than a week.

Help make NZB 360 better by sharing your ideas.

Hide torrents older than a week.

Postby pgdownload » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:47 am

Hey, great work as usual with the latest torrent functionality. I'm sure you've a lot of happy customers. One thought I had was many torrent users just leave torrents available long after download. Perhaps you could add an 'eye' symbol like in sonar so the ALL list could 'intelligently' hide torrents older than a week. That way the list of 1000 becomes manageable and relevant.

Regards

Peter
pgdownload

Re: Hide torrents older than a week.

Postby f3bruary » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:53 am

pgdownload wrote:Hey, great work as usual with the latest torrent functionality. I'm sure you've a lot of happy customers. One thought I had was many torrent users just leave torrents available long after download. Perhaps you could add an 'eye' symbol like in sonar so the ALL list could 'intelligently' hide torrents older than a week. That way the list of 1000 becomes manageable and relevant.

Regards

Peter
Would it not be more logical to be able to sort them based on age? That way you can still manage the older ones if needed, yet still see the newest ones on top
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby pgdownload » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:37 am

An alternative sure. Not sure but it seems the list is already date sorted? For those that want to manage 1000 torrents date sorting is good. But I'm more trying to reduce the list to at a glance level (optionally)

Regards

Peter
pgdownload

Postby f3bruary » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:14 pm

Well when you scroll through the list, you can decide to stop, right ? Does it load all entries at once ? Or does it fetch the next batch as you scroll ?
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby pgdownload » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:25 pm

The idea is not to need a list to scroll through in the first place (optionally). The best content management occurs when the user only gets alerted to what they need to get alerted to.

Regards

Peter
pgdownload

Postby Kev » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:46 pm

I like the idea of bringing the "eye" over to Torrents. What other attributes could we consider though outside of just date?
Developer of nzb360
Kev
Site Admin

Postby pgdownload » Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:45 am

Good question. I don't use torrents a lot so not sure what might be useful. You've already got tabs for downloading, error and finished so I can't think of any other obvious options. Some sites don't like hit and run users so being able to flag the required hosting time could be good (user defined).

Small bug report. On my Nexus 5x, the completed bar graph seems to only highlight about 60% across the screen. Numbers are all at 100%. Does this on all tabs for torrents. [Edit]: Seems to have fixed itself

Peter
pgdownload

Postby pgdownload » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 pm

As a small follow up, it occurs to me that philosophically and in practice, torrents and NZBs are approached differently. NZB users are essentially finished once a file is downloaded. But many torrent users still look to actively manage each file after they have downloaded it. NZB360 functionality might look to focus on this extended part of the process that will have no corollary in the NZB area.

Peter
pgdownload

Return to Feature Requests