Tasker Integration

Help make NZB 360 better by sharing your ideas.

Re: Tasker Integration

Postby CBers » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:04 am

There are shortcuts to the different services in the app if you're running Android 7.1.1 or higher.

If they're not the shortcuts you mean, then where?
CBers

Postby Stupifier » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:26 am

CBers wrote:There are shortcuts to the different services in the app if you're running Android 7.1.1 or higher.

If they're not the shortcuts you mean, then where?
You're talking about the shortcut menu that comes up when you long press the app shortcut on your home screen.

I'm talking about Shortcuts to go directly into the "Add Movie" menu or the "Add TV Series" menu. Honestly, you can't get any faster than directly interfacing into the API of Radarr/Sonarr too perform a particular action and that is what my solution does. And really, NZB360 does the same thing when you press the add button on a specific movie you want added

The stuff that happens before that API interaction is what can be made more efficient/streamlined. Instead on navigating through NZB360 to get to an Add Movie menu, typing in a search for a movie, and picking a result......I can just say"OK Google, add Gone in Sixty Seconds to Radarr". Then I control how those search results are displayed and what information is displayed about the movie (I can even watch the movie trailer immediately on my display). They customization is what I want.

This is not a knock against NZB360 at all.... This is Just an Android/Tasker nerd optimizing/enriching a specific, commonly performed task for himself and sharing the result.
Stupifier

Postby CBers » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:38 am

So why are you using NZB 360, if Tasker is better?

Why not talk straight to the underlying service?
CBers

Postby Stupifier » Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:28 pm

CBers wrote:So why are you using NZB 360, if Tasker is better?

Why not talk straight to the underlying service?
It's pretty naive to say Tasker is better than NZB360 man.
I said I use Tasker for ONE purpose related to this stuff.....Clearly we all know NZB360 is capable of performing more than just adding a Movie/Series to Radarr/Sonarr lol. I use NZB360 for those other purposes.

I would never say Tasker/DirectAPI is better than NZB360 for everything. And again, I'm not bad mouthing NZB360 here.
Stupifier

Postby CBers » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:27 pm

OK, if not better, then easier for you.

No worries, each to their own
CBers

Postby f3bruary » Thu Oct 26, 2017 7:32 pm

It's actually cool to be able to add a movie or tv show from the notification panel. Then I don't need to go to imdb or trakt anymore.
-f3b
f3bruary

Postby Stupifier » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:58 pm

f3bruary wrote:It's actually cool to be able to add a movie or tv show from the notification panel. Then I don't need to go to imdb or trakt anymore.
I thought so too. Glad others find this useful
Stupifier

Previous

Return to Feature Requests