uTorrent support

Help make NZB 360 better by sharing your ideas.

Re: uTorrent support

Postby SpyrosG. » Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:36 am

Kev wrote:It is still on the to-do list. The problem with torrent support is everyone uses different programs for the same task (torrenting). With Usenet, it's largely one (or maybe 2 max) program(s) to accomplish a task. With torrents, for example, I've had requests to bring uTorrent, Deluge, Transmission, qBitorrent, etc. I fear diving into torrents will make more people angry than happy =p, but it's still something I plan to add.

Thank you for the reply! I don't think you would make anyone angry about it! If anything you could show your amazing skills at making beautiful programs, because let's face it: apart from transdrone there's no other viable remote torrent access solution out there. So nzb360 with torrent support would be spot on.

You could always start small: Make a poll about which torrent client would we want to see implemented first and let the community vote! If and when it's stable enough to stop the bug reports coming, you can switch to the next one. all the major torrent clients (at least the ones that sonarr/cp/radarr support) have a proper api documentation, so implementing it shouldn't be problematic.

Again, thank you for the awesome program you created! I'll support your cause as soon as i can by getting myself a pro licence.
SpyrosG.

Postby mediacowboy » Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:20 pm

SpyrosG. wrote:
Kev wrote:It is still on the to-do list. The problem with torrent support is everyone uses different programs for the same task (torrenting). With Usenet, it's largely one (or maybe 2 max) program(s) to accomplish a task. With torrents, for example, I've had requests to bring uTorrent, Deluge, Transmission, qBitorrent, etc. I fear diving into torrents will make more people angry than happy =p, but it's still something I plan to add.

Thank you for the reply! I don't think you would make anyone angry about it! If anything you could show your amazing skills at making beautiful programs, because let's face it: apart from transdrone there's no other viable remote torrent access solution out there. So nzb360 with torrent support would be spot on.

You could always start small: Make a poll about which torrent client would we want to see implemented first and let the community vote! If and when it's stable enough to stop the bug reports coming, you can switch to the next one. all the major torrent clients (at least the ones that sonarr/cp/radarr support) have a proper api documentation, so implementing it shouldn't be problematic.

Again, thank you for the awesome program you created! I'll support your cause as soon as i can by getting myself a pro licence.

I have to agree a start will be better them nothing. I know your busy and I am new to the software. I current use qBittorrent but am switching to deluge for the headless features. I will download torrents on the go and just uploaded to my Google Drive which deluge monitors. I find transdriod usable but not anywhere near as polished as NZB 360. Maybe you can see if they want to team up. Anyways keep up the awesome work. I love having everything in one app and not having to use the clunky web interfaces most of my software.
mediacowboy

Postby ajayjohn » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:06 pm

mediacowboy wrote:
SpyrosG. wrote:

I have to agree a start will be better them nothing. I know your busy and I am new to the software. I current use qBittorrent but am switching to deluge for the headless features. I will download torrents on the go and just uploaded to my Google Drive which deluge monitors. I find transdriod usable but not anywhere near as polished as NZB 360. Maybe you can see if they want to team up. Anyways keep up the awesome work. I love having everything in one app and not having to use the clunky web interfaces most of my software.

Totally agree about proceeding further with a poll.
After all, there are only 2-3 torrent clients that constitute the major share of what people use.
I myself have always been on the fence for buying the premium version of this app just because I need to have separate apps to manage my torrents and the media management clients.
If there is any indication of having torrent clients supported even in the future, then I'll movie to premium immediately!
Hopeful that you may proceed in this direction :)
ajayjohn

Postby f3bruary » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:01 pm

I think it would be impossible to have Kev support all the major torrent clients that people are using. It would take up so much time to keep supporting them every time a change occurs.

Instead, I think it would be a better idea if Kev could upload a template class to github, create branches for each torrent client, and then volunteers code it and submit pull requests for each torrent client.

Issues can be submitted to GH and the respective developer can fix them.

It's not a perfect solution. It would be much more simpler if there was one main torrent client with support for each OS, but there isn't.
-f3b
f3bruary

Previous

Return to Feature Requests